Can You Have a Cell Phone in Rehab?
The short answer is yes and no. There are high quality rehab centers that allow cell phones. However, a large number of addiction and mental health treatment facilities restrict cell phone use. Many rehab treatment professionals believe that family and friends can be a distraction on the individual during rehab and can negatively affect their recovery process. Because of this, the client should focus on their recovery and should not be in contact with the outside world.
Benefits of a Cell Phone & Laptop Friendly Rehab
- Allows you to stay connected with your workplace
- Maintain contact with those you wish to be in contact with during your stay
- Let’s you complete work related tasks or complete school assignments
- Watch your favorite shows or stay entertained during down time
Upscale Rehabs That Allow Cell Phones:
For many business owners, executives, business professionals or people who are accustomed to an upscale lifestyle having access to their cell phone is a must. There are a number of luxury treatment facilities that cater to clients who want to be able to work while in treatment. While some addiction centers allow cell phones and laptops during addiction recovery, each rehab facility may have their own policy when it comes to laptop use and cell phone access.
There are technology and business friendly rehab facilities that have a business section. They’re equipped with things like (computers, email, smartphone, fax and other items) where patients may be able to tend to certain business matters during inpatient rehab treatment. Luxury rehab centers are sought out by:
- healthcare & medical personnel such as doctors and nurses
- business owners, etc.
Here’s what you can expect from upscale addiction rehabs:
- No hidden costs or secret fees. Transparent pricing and bottom line numbers are provided upfront.
- Luxurious facility offers various amenities.
- Super comfortable rooms. A private room may be available.
- 3, 5, 7, 14 day rehab or longer
- Menu consists of chef prepared gourmet food
- Offers a flexible length of stay with (short or long term rehabilitation program).
- Allows cell phones and laptops.
- Offers various treatment programs personalized to fit your needs.
- One on one behavioral therapies for patients and patients, parent and child and their families.
- Group sessions.
- Joint Commission approved.
Call us to speak with a treatment specialist to go over treatment options and the best treatment plan for you. The staff members are addiction professionals ready to go over the treatment process step-by-step and answer your questions and point you in the right direction.
What to expect from an alcohol and drug
rehab facility that allows cell phones
- Individual Therapy
- Group Sessions
- Fitness Sessions
- Group Activities (Covid 19 compliant)
- Yoga, Massage, Chiropractic Sessions may be available
- Family therapy may be available
- TVs with DVD Players, Telephone Lines and Internet use for those who don’t bring their own electronics
- Coronavirus Policy: We have strict measures to keep our patients safe from Covid 19.
Find Drug and Alcohol Addiction Treatment Providers That Allows Cell Phones and Laptops
There are thousands or drug and alcohol addiction rehabilitation programs to choose from in the United States. We know you have questions and concerns.
Let us provide you with the information you need. We can find the care you deserve that is covered by your insurance. Call us to find a phone and laptop friendly treatment center for you or a family member.
100% Confidential, No Obligation & No Pressure to Commit
Phone Lines Are Open 24 7. Get in Touch. Call The Phone Number Now To Speak to Our Addiction Treatment Specialists! Have your insurance card handy when you get in touch. We will need for for validation purposes. Your contact information will be kept in strict confidence.
Covid 19 Notice: Alcohol and drug treatment centers have taken all the necessary safety precautions to ensure that clients are safe during treatment.
- Most Private Insurances Accepted
- Comfortable On-site Medicated Detox
- Luxurious Recovery Centers
- Same Day Placement May Be Available
- Individualized Rehab Programs for Alcohol & Drug Addiction
- Dual Diagnosis Addiction and
- Various Addiction Treatment Programs Including Holistic
- All Levels of Care (including Aftercare Programs)
- Quick Insurance Verification Process
- Medication to manage symptoms and discomfort
Technology, Laptop and Cell Phone Access Rules
For some people, being disconnected from the outside world while in rehab can cause feelings of anxiety. Addiction treatment programs that don’t allow cell phones and laptops during inpatient recovery treatment do so for a couple of reasons.
- One reason a treatment provider does not allow cell phones and laptops in treatment is that making and receiving calls and replying to texts and emails, or spending time on social media like Facebook or Twitter can cause distractions and may affect your recovery.
- Having access to a smartphone, laptop and internet use gives people access to their circle of friends. There are several concerns with regards to this. One problem is that they have access to their circle of friends or people they used to get with with. Being in contact with them triggers desires to get high. The other problem is that they can get in touch with their dealer which give them the ability to source drugs. Smartphones are welcome. We allow cell phones and want you to stay connected.
However, the substance abuse recovery treatment centers that let you use a smartphone during rehab treatment have basic telephone communication policy. Here’s the list:
- Patients must not use their cell phones for five days. This is a critical period when your body is detoxed from drugs and alcohol. There could be uncomfortable withdrawal side effects. Your body needs to be medically stable and your mind in a position to adjust to a new environment and open to building new connections.
- Clients must not use their cell phone during therapy sessions.
- Clients must not use their cell phones in a way that is disruptive to other clients or staff members.
- Access to your cell phone could be lost if clients break company guidelines.
- Cell phone use must be in accordance with HIPPA privacy regulations. Clients may not take photos of others and post them online or send them back and forth.
These are just some basic cell phone and electronic usage guidelines and vary by each recovery center.
Can You Receive Phone Calls in Rehab?
Lockdown alcohol and drug rehab centers have a strict policy in place when it comes to the use of cell phones and laptops. Calls are only allowed at certain times so that they don’t interfere with treatment. Electronic devices such as laptops, iPads, iPods, smart watches and portable video game consoles may or may not be allowed. In fact, this may give a typical patient a feeling of isolation even though addiction treatment centers may be equipped with televisions, gym equipment and cozy surroundings. These guidelines are too restrictive for many patients.
How to Sneak a Phone Into Rehab?
Yes, this is a real question some clients have when looking for a rehab program. Trying to smuggle anything into a rehab center presents serious issues and could cause dismissal. You don’t need to sneak a cell phone into rehab. Contact us today and we will help you or your loved ones find an accredited rehab center where you’re allowed to bring your cell phone.
What to Expect
- Rehab program with high standards, tools and advantages to help achieve success.
- Caring staff members with a high level of experience, ability and desire to help you, or a loved one, improve your health and show you a path to a better life.
- Many alcohol and drug recovery facilities for our patients to choose from.
- Each health problem with be addressed and your questions will be answered.
- Low traffic environment.
- Patients must be over the age of 18.
- Expert treatment providers in the addiction recovery field.
- A history of having helped many others like yourself beath substance abuse addiction and achieve lasting sobriety.
Over 21 million in the American society have at least one addiction. Many cases result in relapse due to poor treatment. Only one person in ten receives proper care. There are many types of treatments and ways to overcome substance abuse. With proper treatment feelings and urges can be controlled, feelings of serenity can be achieved and relationships can be restored and lives can be changed.
We’ll remove all the barriers and problems that prevent addicts from getting help. We’ll answer all your questions. The recovery process will be explained. We’ll need your insurance information for validation purposes. Life can make sense again. In order to improve your health and your life, or that of a loved one, you have to do your part and gift yourself a new life. One option is to do nothing. Another is to call center is open 24 7 and our agents are 100 % ready to help. If you’ve read this far down the page then you know you have nothing to lose. Our reps are standing by the phones ready to answer your questions and tend to your needs. Anyone can find treatment options from the comfort of their home.